, ,

fuck it.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

There is this really great Natalie Goldberg quote that I've loved for a long time but never really understood to the fullest, as I discovered, until starting university:

"State is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency" 

Or as it was in my case - it believed that studying for my Bau- & Stadtbaugeschichte (History of architecture & Urban history) exam is an emergency. Which it was. But after almost completely blowing my exam yesterday due to too much stress, lack of sleep (I kid you not, I slept about 3 hours the night before and was waking up hallucinating that my ceiling was covered in spiders... whatever that was supposed to say about my psychological state) and a slight lack of preparation - material for a whole blog post in itself - I decided to give myself a day of relaxation before starting studying for my most important exam of the year (yes, already having panic attacks just thinking about it...). Sometimes you just need to go "fuck it" and take a break, even though I really can't allow myself those breaks right now timewise... but fuck it. And the best scenario of course is taking a few pictures while taking the break! 





It seems like I'm a hopeless case after all... almost everything I love to take pictures of is old or has a rustic vibe about it. Anyway, I'm really trying to think about some more creative ways to organize this blog but I don't have much time at the moment at all, so I'll probably start working on it more in a few weeks when my summer holidays finally start. The idea of starting a weekly favourites series is very tempting though, I must say. Suggestions?


You Might Also Like

2 shared memories

  1. I know that this period of time must so stresful for you, dear! Like I said multiple times, I'm crossing fingers for you! I am so proud of you too! I can't get over the beauty of the place in second picture, why can't I magically transport myself there right now? :( I'd love to have it captured on my film camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it truly is an amazing place (it's in the park of the Sanssouci palace, which is less than an hour away from Berlin) Such a great experience for people who study architecture and people who love to take pictures and generally just people who love pretty things :D there is lots of every kind of awesomeness - if you ever come to Berlin, you should definitely make a stop there :)

      Delete