, , ,

pre-architecture scribbles

Wednesday, October 16, 2013




      Or when I used to have a life? I was organizing my laptop for the start of the new semester and I stumbled across a few photos of paintings I did in that time I now call pre-architecture. Simply because I don't do traditional painting/drawing any more and my creative life (although its existence is questionable at times) has taken a very different direction. I wouldn't say I mind though. So, here you have a random post with a bunch of old paintings. Sorry for the ugly-ass watermarks, but I've had issues with people "borrowing" my art. You can never be too careful. Now that I think about it, I might do a post with my post-architectural things, which are basically conceptual sketches and doodles, but I've always been more comfortable with a black pen and paper rather than a full on set of colours, so yeah. Do you guys like to draw things occasionally? I'd love to see some of your creations, if there is anyone with a passion for the arts to stumble across my blog.





Probably my favourite I ever did. It was also the first real urban landscape painting I ever did. 

A lot of churches, yes. Not that I'm particularly religious, at the time I just found them really interesting and complex to draw, so there's that...


You Might Also Like

6 shared memories

  1. Wow, you are amazingly talented! I study graphic design in a very demanding school and i think that evenn my teachers would be impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! There was a time when I wondered if I should study graphic design but then gave up on it because I didn't think I was advanced enough. I don't regret it, but it's really interesting to read the point of view of a graphic design student!

      Delete
  2. seriously? SERIOUSLY, M? Those are flawless. Can I buy some of your works for my future apartment?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always such a doll! But those are like 2 years old and would only make your future place look terrible compared to all the amazingness from your photos that you can cover your walls with :)

      Delete
  3. OH my goodness you painted all of these?? WHAT???? My goodness, that's talent. Wow, and I'm not the type to be easily impressed. I'm like swooning sorry if that's weird haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader and I really love all your photos and your posts :) I've bookmarked your blog and I would really appreciate it if you took a look at my blog too <3
    Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

    ReplyDelete