, , , , , ,

and here we are, a year later

Saturday, October 18, 2014




Yes, it has been a year since I last posted anything on this blog. Now you understand what I mean when I say that I have commitment issues. The truth is, the past year of university has been so draining, both mentally and physically, that I literally abandoned everything else in a desperate attempt to stay sane. 

Not much has changed though. I cut my hair. I found new friends. I managed to screw up another sort of relationship before it started properly, because I was scared. I saw Hugh Laurie live. I learned a lot of new things. I watched way too much tv series and way too little movies. I'm still not sure where my future is going. I still want to be an architect though. So, basically still full of contradictions. 

I have always said that I never finish anything I start. Might be true. I still have no idea what I want from this blog or what I want to blog about. I have however decided that I don't want to delete it. So, the plan is to go with the flow and see what happens. Make no plans or promises so that I can't disappoint myself when I don't keep the idea I had in my head. I hope you've been well. Whoever and wherever you are, if anyone  is reading at all.

Recently I had a 2 week trip to Paris, which no need to tell you, was an absolute dream. I also recently turned 21 (the only benefit of which is - if I decide to go to the US in the future I'll be able to get drunk). Getting grown-up is seriously overrated. But that is common knowledge. Anyway, I wrote down a few things that were on my mind and I've combined them with a few photos from the trip. 

Until next time... hopefully in less than a year.

More often than not, you don’t grow out of your big passions; you simply grow too busy for them.

  There is no universal solution for a given problem, as common as it may be. Everything is individual and whoever tells you otherwise is an idiot. Or has a book on self-help that he/she wants to sell you.

Loving something and wanting to do it does not mean that you can or that it’s right for you.

Your parents were so right in telling you that you’ll hate being a grownup. It sucks.

You will always manage to find friends or people to talk to. Keeping them is the bigger issue

Doubting yourself is inevitable. As is comparing yourself / being compared to others.

People really, really, really don’t give a rat’s ass about most of the things you do, so it’s a good thing you stopped being paranoid about every step you take a long time ago.

Cooking, if you have time for it… and someone to clean up after you, can be quite relaxing

Spending a good amount of time imagining and wanting other people’s lives or experiences is anything but healthy. Yet, you can’t stop. Too bad you’re not talented enough to be an actor

Writing actually does work like therapy and it’s much cheaper

Giving gifts to people makes you a lot happier than you thought it ever would.

The first of anything you make won’t be as good as you thought it’d be.

Shit happens.
PS. And yes, I need to get into blogging again because my layouting skills (aside from InDesign) have gotten atrocious. As you can tell from my incapability of making the captions under the photos look remotely similar.

You Might Also Like

3 shared memories

  1. I love those little thoughts under each photograph. Wish you would post regularly, because your photography INSPIRES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kasia, I wish you would post more! I can't believe how well thought out everything is! And your photographs are absolutely amazing! I've been experimenting more with photography but I haven't yet been able to apply it to my own blog, but maybe it will get better with time.

    Lotti
    lottiosborne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the doves photo!

    http://alexandraclame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete