, , , , , ,

København diaries

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Copenhagen. Scandinavia. Need I say more? Gourmet hot dogs, gigantic portions of soft ice cream, incredibly friendly people, scandinavian design and amazing architecture. As an architecture student the last two are probably the main points of attraction for me. Copenhagen and its surroundings (including Malmö, although it is in Sweden) are worth a visit no matter what tickles your fancy.

I haven't had time to go on adventures, discover inspiring places and new passions. Let's face it, with my major I have to prioritize the tiniest aspect of my day-to-day life and finding time for myself and seeking new thrills isn't at the top of the list (eat, sleep, don't go crazy make up the top 3 if you were wondering). That's why I decided to share some snaps from the week I spent in Copenhagen last May. It was an organized trip from university and my whole course went which was pretty amazing. What I loved though was that we didn't visit all the touristy places (nothing wrong with that when you have time for it!) but we were shown around some of the amazing architectural material which is everywhere you look. It was an extremely tiring but incredibly inspiring week. 

One quick piece of advice for anyone, no matter if you love architecture or art or just enjoy a good museum once in a while - Louisiana just outside of Copenhagen is a must. It was one of the highlights of the trip and I even managed to visit it twice since I stayed for a few extra days with some friends after the official trip was over. It was something I would gladly repeat if given the chance.

PS: I'm tempted to do more posts on this particular trip in the future talking more in depth about some of my favourite spots we visited, let's see if it works out as planned.















You Might Also Like

10 shared memories

  1. You are going to be a great architect. The way you look at shapes and lines, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful photographs - I can definitely see the influence of architecture on your photography. Copenhagen looks lovely. I have only ever been to the Copenhagen airport for layovers but I hope to actually visit the city sometime soon!

    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting even to me how my pictures have changed since I started studying architecture; it's only noticeable when I look through old photos... fascinating how everything gets influenced when you make a certain choice...

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos! I went to Copenhagen in May and LOVED it! I had amazing ice cream too, it's weird I didn't know it was so great for its ice cream haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (and the ice cream portions are massive which I very much approve of:D )

      Delete
  4. Ohhh and I totally would love to go on a photography trip with you someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should totally make that happen some day! It will be epic.

      Delete